Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lough Gur

I haven't felt very motivated this summer - the rain is my excuse. I don't know how much that is actually true, and whether I've just been lazy, but for the kind of photography I usually do - landscape in particular - wet weather just makes things unpleasant and unproductive. Today was one of the first nice days in the last few months, so off I went... I feel very out of practice, which is something I wasn't really expecting. My 'eye' is definitely not working as well as it was a few months ago or last year. Still, it was nice to do something again.

This photo is my first attempt at using the localised corrections in Lightroom 2. I've never used photoshop or any other localised correction programme before, so this was all new to me. I like the results, but not the extra time needed. This will probably look awful to me in a few months anyway.


Lough Gur B&W