Saturday, December 09, 2006

Zurich Zoo

This was aeons ago at this stage, but just before Toni came over, I went to Zurich Zoo with some of the others. I don't really have much to say about it; it was an enjoyable but uneventful day - and at this stage my memory of it has faded anyway. So it's going to be another picture-heavy post. Probably for the best anyway! Anyway, I'll throw up some pictures, and then a quick comment at the end. Have fun!











































Actually, although it was good fun taking pictures, I did feel a but bad at the Zoo. The animals are so far removed from their natual habitats - they mostly seem to just lounge around all day looking depressed. It's nice to be able to see all these different animals, but I can't help thinking that some of them - the larger ones at least - are really, really not suited to being in a zoo.

I don't really have mcuh to say about Zurich itself, we pretty much went straight from the station to the zoo and spent most of the day there. At first glance however, it didn't seem like the most interesting city.