Friday, May 30, 2008

This week, I 'ave been mostly reading:

Here are some interesting articles out of the 400 I have read in the past week, according to Google Reader:

What does the rise of video mean to you?

A very long video by photographer Joe McNally speaking at Google.

The Business of Rock and Roll Photography

Black and White
presets and Web Galleries for Lightroom.

Two articles about originality by Chase Jarvis.

Joe McNally talking about some of his favourite photographers, with some great links.

Tutorial on smoke photography - I might actually give this a go later on, stay tuned!

Tag Galaxy: A very cool way to browse pictures in Flickr etc.
- you have to take a look at this.

Guy who took a polaroid every day for about 20 years.

'Behind the Lens' with Steve Winter, who explains the logistics of a National Geographic shoot.



I know it might be seem a bit arrogant that little-old-me, by just reposting links of other people's stuff, sometimes second or third hand, could become a valid disseminator of news, but personally I love finding stories from random sources, so hopefully there are others out there who might also enjoy this too. I think that the more cool stories spread, the better.

Enjoy ze weekend!